Jessica Alba Has Always Had A Vision

by - November 19, 2023

 The story of actress Jessica Alba, whose Honest brand diapers quickly achieved cult status when they launched in 2012 with a suite of baby products and cleaning supplies geared toward parents looking for eco-conscious, chemical-free products that still looked cute.

“It's been challenging like everyone has experienced,” she says. “I think you just try to take each day at a time. I'm trying to be grateful for what [my children] do have. “Your children's reality is really going to be dependent on your outlook and how you approach it in all this madness.”

As a mother of two who has gotten, well, lazier about my own diligence with my second child, I was curious if she’s maintained that vigilance or if she's relaxed a bit, now that she's no longer an anxious new parent but a veteran mother of three.

When Alba had her first child in 2008, she was coming off blockbuster franchises like Fantastic Four and comedies like Good Luck Chuck. Before that, she was a part of a slew of popular series from Flipper to Dark Angel, which, in many ways, had us millennials feeling like we grew up with the dark-haired, doe-eyed actress.

“That's really what motivated me,” she insists. “My motivation was not like, ‘Am I ever going to get hired again?’ Frankly, I was at the top of my career,” she says. That just felt so real when I became a mom for the first time.”

“Building a brand and building a business is fucking impossible,” she tells me. “And to be good at it and for it to thrive and scale, it is really hard. You know what I mean?"

“Jessica Alba truly started the movement for what being a modern female entrepreneur could look like for a new generation of women. And most impressively, she is one that makes it a point to bring along a lot of other women through the doors she opens.”

The work of rebuilding can unnerve even the most veteran entrepreneur, but Alba relishes the parts of the process that so often prove the most rewarding in the end. “The process of getting the thick cream on your hands and then it would get under your nails, and you're rubbing it on a very sensitive area. We finally made it, and it's amazing. So, stuff like that is just very satisfying."

You May Also Like

0 Comments