Wednesday Star Emma Myers on Fandom, SEVENTEEN, and Bringing Outcast Enid to Life Onscreen

by - November 26, 2023

 It takes roughly three minutes for Emma Myers, one of the young stars of Netflix's Wednesday, to show me the Mingyu sticker on her purple iPhone. It's a fan-made illustration of the 6-foot-2 Korean idol as a dog, a playful allusion to his puppy-like personality. She got it when she attended SEVENTEEN's Newark show in early 2020, her favorite concert ever, and she's had it in her phone case ever since. "I've never taken it out," Emma tells Teen Vogue over Zoom. 


You can learn a lot about someone through the ways in which they love something. For Emma, it's effusive and all-consuming, forever expanding like ink in water. "I don't understand people who are sort of casual about something," the 20-year-old says. "When I get into something, that is my whole personality for a very long time." Emma has been a Carat, or a fan of SEVENTEEN, for just over five years. Her entry point was a meme that interpolated the group's sticky 2016 single "Aju Nice" into a viral Vine.

 Her bias is Jiangshan for reasons she still struggles to articulate ("there's just something about him"). And she most recently attended their Be The Sun tour in Atlanta, the city she's called home since she was 16. Talking to Emma about our mutual interest in K-pop is easy; we speak the same language, a sacred tongue shared among fans. Emma has been a fan of things for as long as she can remember. "When I was younger, I would measure my life by what I was interested in," she says. 

You May Also Like

0 Comments